Sunday, May 17, 2009

Mount Vitosha in Bulgaria

Today we hiked a mountain. Mount Vitosha is the mountain with snow on it that can be seen from Sofia. After a 45 minute bus ride up the mountain, we got out to check things out. It turned out that the ski lift was turned off, so we decided to hike the mountain. Since only the crew (Me Chandler, Robert and Meredith) went along with the two professors, we all hiked up for a good 5 minutes. We all took pictures and Chandler and I decided to hike up further. We lost our shirts since it was 65 degrees, and it made for some pretty cool pictures since we were hiking in snow! I was suprised there was still snow, especially with the highest peak of the mountain being only 7500 ft.

There were some really cool flowers covered the mountain. I would like to have seen the mountain in two weeks because there were lots of blossoms everywhere. After hiking Chandler and I went for another fun run and workout at the local playground. We all went out to get lamb sandwich and ice cream. We are leaving to head to Greece pretty early tomorrow, so I will be going to be early tonight! Maybe I will get to see Emily in Greece...

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE your photos -- looks like you're having a GREAT time. But can't wait for you to get home!
    Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete