Friday, May 15, 2009

Museum of Natural History

Today we went to learn that Bulgaria is the 3rd as the richest country in the world with it's national treasure. It is only behind greece and italy. We visited the National Museum, and I will say, I was extremely impressed. I am normally not very attentive at museums, but this one was awesome. There was some really impressive "treasure" such as some gold from 10,000 BC, some great entricate gold artifacts and whatnot. I was not able to take pictures, but I am sure they are online somewhere...

After that we went to Sofia University, where we spoke with someone in the Arts and Sciences Department. I think he was the president or director or something. It was hot in the room, and we had just eaten, so it was really hard to stay awake...

After barely staying councious, we went to the Cathedral. It was pretty stunning, but had nothing on some of the Cathedrals I saw in Spain!

1 comment:

  1. Wow -- doesn't that make you feel like history is coming alive a little bit?

    ReplyDelete